Saturday, March 19, 2016

Camp and Wisdom Teeth

It was a long drive to camp but totally worth it! We got settled in the cabin and got dressed for a short day on the bike. We went for about 30 miles just to spin our legs out. When we got back we had to get dinner prepared. I worked with Josh Brazeal grilling the chicken. Dinner that night were these amazing chicken sandwiches. Then, I turned in early to be ready for Saturday's long ride.

Last year, I was totally dropped on Spavinaw Hill and was super embarrassed. This year my coach, Mark Teruki, had me ready! This year, I felt strong! I was not dropped and stayed with the group all day! We rode 107 miles of paved roads, gravel roads, and over 5,100 feet of climbing. I had an marvelous day on the bike! We had beautiful weather and it was awesome having so many teammates tell me they could really see improvement. YES! Hardwork does pay off! I really feel this is going to be a break through year!

Photo Credit: Kristen Ryan


Austin thinks he can get me to cut my hair but it's not happening anytime soon! Check out my cool Handlebar Mustache @hbstache socks! #sockdoping #sockgameisstrong


Day 3 of camp I woke up with a migraine headache so I helped in the SAG wagon. The guys had to cut the ride really short anyway due to the strong winds. They even had a tree blow down right in front of them on the way back to the cabin. Sorry I didn't get a picture of that for my blog! Overall, it was a really fun weekend of riding with some great guys. Thank you TLC and Josh Brazeal for such a fantastic weekend.

I wasn't too excited to come home because I knew the coming weekend wasn't going to be much fun! The Friday, after camp, I got my wisdom teeth removed! I was pretty miserable for about 5 days and VERY swollen. I tried to ride a couple of times but it didn't go well. I'm glad that's behind me and I can start training again. My next road race will be in a couple of weeks! So, stay tuned for more from the road!

No comments:

Post a Comment